• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!



Page history last edited by Engineering Advisor 5 years, 12 months ago


How do I find my advisor?

All students are assigned a faculty advisor.  Your department secretary can help identify who your faculty advisor is. In addition to a discipline-specific advisor, Freshmen are also assigned to the College Program Advisor who is located in Engineering Hall (REXT), room 131.

Where can I find registration instructions and forms?


What is Section Tally?

Section Tally is used to look up courses offered in a given semester.  You can sort by college, department, subject, professor, and attribute.  Searching by attribute allows you to find courses that meet specific general education requirements. Section tally can be found here: http://banner.rowan.edu/reports/reports.pl?task=Section_Tally

How do I know the prerequisites and minimum grade requirements for a course?

You can search courses in section tally (see below) or through Banner Self-Service (look up classes). Click on the CRN of any course, which opens a new tab that lists the course's pre-reqs and other minimum requirements.

How do I know if a course meets a Gen Ed, Rowan Experience or Rowan Core requirement?

General Education, Rowan Core and Rowan Experience courses can be found by searching section tally and selecting to search by “attribute”.

How do I find out what courses are being offered next term?

Section Tally (search by term)

What is the difference between dropping a course, and withdrawing from a course?

A drop or add is allowed only during the Drop/Add period (the first 5 days of the term), and is done through Banner Self-Service. No forms or approvals are required. A regular course withdrawal is processed after the drop/add period and up to the 50% point of the term (see https://sites.rowan.edu/registrar/registration-information/registration-adjustments.html for deadlines).  A Course Withdrawal Form with the professor's signature is required, and must be submitted to the registrar (Savitz Hall, 1st floor) prior to course withdrawal deadline.   

How do I get a tutor?

Tutoring is free for Rowan students.  The Rowan Success Network (RSN) gives you an easy way to schedule tutoring appointments.  Access RSN at www.rowan.edu/rsn, and login to view your dashboard. More information is available at: http://www.rowan.edu/studentaffairs/asc/tutoring/request_tutor/.

Can I take courses at a community college over the summer or winter break?

With approval of your department chair and/or advisor, you can enroll in and transfer course credits from another institution (grades do not affect GPA).  You must complete an Approval to Take Courses at Another Institution form.  Be sure to review the equivalents resource page, www.rowan.edu/provost/registrar/courseequiv.html, to make sure the course credits will transfer. You are also responsible for obtaining a transcript with final grade and submitting to the Registrar.

How do I send a transcript for a class taken at a community college to Rowan?

You can request an official transcript from the community college be sent to Rowan's registrar.  The registrar will accept electronic submissions from the institution or mailed to address below:

Office of the Registrar
Savitz Hall • First Floor
Attn: Transfer Credit Evaluation
201 Mullica Hill Rd
Glassboro, NJ 08028-1701

Help! I don’t see my question here, how do I get it answered?

Contact the College of Engineering Program Advisor at  engr-reg@rowan.edu.






Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.